Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hong Kong

We took a tram up to the top of the mountain. It was so pretty! The tram was a little scary though because it went up such a steep hill. I thought the tram would fall backwards, but I made it to the top safely. :)



Angela and me. Our yellow dork dots were so that our tour guide could find us is we got lost.



Cute picture of Jessica and Natalie on the tram to the top.



I was scared because the tram stopped part of the way up the hill. I thought I was going to fall to my death.



I know this isn't the greatest picture, but I hope you can see how steep this hill was. This tram was amazing.




This is me at the top of the peak looking over Hong Kong.



A view of Hong Kong from the peak. I love this city because it is right up against the green hills.



Angela, Natalie, Jessica and me on the top of Hong Kong.



This picture is for dad. This is me in front of a random Disney castle in the middle of a building. I think that big red monster is actually Mickey under there.



Kind of a funny picture of Jessica and Natalie. We were trying to take pictures with these hats and then the lady came and yelled at us. One thing from being here is that Chinese people yell a lot. You just have to learn not to be offended.



Just in case you were wondering, this isn't the REAL New York.



This is where went shopping in Hong Kong. All of those little huts have air conditioning in them. I guess that gives us more of a motivation to shop.



We went on boat to tour the fishing area of Hong Kong. We saw lots of old boats where the people lived and fished from. It was really cool and sad at the same time.




This fisherman was awesome. We waved at him and then he did a little dance for us. I wish I would have taken a video instead of a picture.




Me, Jessica and Natalie on the fishing tour. I like how we are all looking at different cameras.



Me being Chinese with my hat on the fishing tour.




The top of our boat on our fishing tour. I just wanted to take one of these home with me. Oh well, a picture is good enough.



This is at our hotel in Hong Kong. I would give anything to be back there sleeping in a soft bed with a real toilet and shower. It was a western hotel but it still had its little bits of China in it. And there isn't a 4th floor because....?



They know how to get it done in Hong Kong. This guy is my hero. It was interesting because they wouldn't let us lay down on the couch in the lobby. Jessica kept forgetting and this guy would come over and get her to sit up. He's probably thinking, "those rude Americans!"




Hong Kong temple. :)



Hong Kong temple. I had a better picture on here, but I deleted it by mistake.





Ok kids, don't do drugs or you might get "skin sores, nasal collapse, or HORRIBLE LOOKS"



Natalie went out this gate thinking that it would take her to the platform. Not so. An alarm went off and EVERYBODY was looking at the crazy Americans that don't know what they're doing. We were finally able to get the gate closed and the alarm turned off. This is a picture of Natalie hating the gate. Note to self: in America, alarmed doors are marked in red, but in Hong Kong, alarmed doors are marked in green.



Our first ride on the subway. Angela was having a lot of fun being smashed up next to all of the Asian people.



This was at the Hong Kong light show. They play music and the buildings have lights on them that do a little dance. :)



This one is for Courtney Mehew. I had frozen yogurt in Hong Kong. It wasn't the best I had ever had, but it gave me a little taste of home. YUM!







Very true. It was the most beautiful thing I had seen all day.







Ok, who in their right mind would want to go to a sauna in Hong Kong! It's already a million degrees there and super humid!




2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I am loving your blog already while at the same time seething with jealousy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my thoughts:

    1. reg. the tram: yeezma! put your hands in the air!!

    2. chinese people yell a lot? or just yell at you? :)

    3. if it was the REAL new york, i would have wondered why this wasn't on my blog.

    4. that shopping motivation is an interesting observation; perhaps i will make an air-conditioned lemonade stand.

    5. when i first read the part about the top of the boat, you said that you wanted to take one of them home with you. i thought you meant you wanted to take a fishing tour home with you. then i logically thought, "but she'd have to have fish…."

    6. perhaps they don't believe in number 4 on the other side of the world.

    7. heehee. whichever color the doors are marked in, they still say "emergency exit" in english. :) but, you KNOW i TOTALLY would have done that. probably twice. at least.

    ReplyDelete