Saturday, September 17, 2011

My New Home, MAYFLORA!

How true that is. They have many of these sayings around campus. haha!



So, I guess we're experts! All you have to do is speak English and you are an expert!



Every Saturday night is movie night. Some of the kids sit out there and watch it on a huge screen.



This is a garden area on top of a huge hill in the middle of the school. It is really pretty.




Small fishing lake across the street from my school. I love how green it is here!




This is a little shop across the street from our school. We like to buy fake pringles and oreos there. Yum!!




The arch is the front parking lot of the school. This is also the only gate to enter campus. It is has guards there 24/7. I think I'll be safe here. :)



I live in the Mayflora Hotel (big building). It is at the front of the school near the gardens.




Chinese people LOVE basketball. When they have free time, they spend most of it playing basketball outside of the student dorms.



This is the kindergarten. It's so cute and it has the only play place one the whole campus. I think these kids start coming to school at the age of 3 or 4. They are SO cute!



This is the school's gym. This is where all of the school assemblies and important events are held. I want to play basketball in there, but it is locked most of the time.




Now, I'll take you on a tour of my room. This hallway is where we prep ourselves for the hike to our room. At night, they light it up with blue lights. It's pretty cool.



Flight 1 of 12 to get to our room. At first I hated the stairs, but now I like them. I am going to have the best legs and butt when I get home. We counted how many stairs we climb every day. We average around 1,000/day just from going to eat and class. If you add working out on top of that....yeah, sometimes I get sore.




My room! We're on the top floor of the hotel. They usually don't have any Chinese people stay up there so we have the whole floor to ourselves! Awesome!



Angela and I outside of our room. :)



This is our shower, toilet, washer, and shelf. The Chinese sure know how to pack it all into a small space.



This is our bathroom sink and mirror. We love that the shower is so close because we can just spray the sink off with the shower when it gets dirty. LOVE China!



Since the floor is usually wet from the shower or the washer, we have to keep a towel outside the door to dry our feet off.



This is my bed and room. Our rooms are really nice for China rooms. The bed is a box spring with a sheet and a blanket. I'm getting used to sleeping on a rock.



This is our doorway to our room.



We hang all of our clothes out in the hall to dry. I can't wait to have a dryer again when I get home.



This is our hallway with all of our hanging clothes.






This is the window that won't shut. When we first got here, the floors were all wet because it had been raining. One thing I've learned is that I always need to watch where I'm walking. The floors are slippery and wet a lot. Unlike America, I have to actually pay attention when I walk. There aren't signs that tell me I'm going to slip.

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your blog posts. What a cool experience you are having!

    ReplyDelete