Saturday, October 22, 2011

Train Ride to Beijing

The best part about trains is the kids. This particular ride was really interesting. A little girl (Grace) and a little boy (Simon) were near us the whole time. Grace became very comfortable with me. She was with me the entire train ride. I was her personal recliner for the ride as well as her playmate.


She loved writing and having me write English words. At one point, she had 14 pieces of paper with English words written on them. She would bring them to me and have me read them over and over again.
She spent about half of the ride on my lap.

Me and Simon

Grace climbing up onto my lap.

Perfect picture of how I felt toward the end of the ride.

Me and Grace

Making funny faces

...and another one

I loved how I told her to make a funny face and she pulled her eyes back even though she is already Chinese. haha!

Grace at the end of the ride. As we were walking out of the train station, she ran up to me and held my hand as we walked out. When we finally walked through the gate to leave, I couldn't see her mom and I thought I would have to take her home with me. Then, her mom came running up and took her away. Grace, I will miss you and your crazy ways.

Our train station in Beijing

No comments:

Post a Comment