Friday, November 4, 2011

The Forbidden City- Beijing

We went to the Forbidden City while we were in Beijing. For those of you that like Mulan, this is the place where the emperor lives in the movie (and used to live a long time ago for real)!


Big lion guarding the gate to the forbidden city...and Angela.




If you look really close, you can see Mulan up on that roof lighting fireworks!

This is me.

Me on my way up to see the emperor (but not really because China doesn't have an emperor anymore).

Trying to touch the great stone dragon.



One of those might be Shan-Yu on that roof.

The great stone...turtle/dragon?

...and the bird!

It was crowded. We went on the national holiday.

All of us! The boys didn't go with us because they have been to China before and already saw it.

A pot that was really important I guess. Everyone was taking pictures of it so I did too!

...and the awkward photo award goes to Jess and the creepy stone figure!



Do you see why I stand out? I'm tall, white, light colored hair and I dress in funky colors.



This is a picture of me and Angela taking a picture.

This picture explains the next picture.

I thought it looked like a water slide...

Rar. For some reason, they like to mix dragons with other animals. I think this one is an drog (dragon/dog).

This explains the next picture. Wow! I've never seen so much English in China before!



This explains the next picture.



This part was like a maze. We literally couldn't find our way out...even with the map.

This is made of gold!

If I knew what this was, I would tell you.

Me taking over the Chinese water well.

Me and Jbiggs.

A really big stone carving.

The moat that goes around the city. This shows you how big it was! You can't even see the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment