Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Great Wall- Beijing

So, this one time I went to China...oh yeah, and I saw the Great Wall. It was SO cool! This was probably my favorite site that we've visited so far!


Driving up to get on the Great Wall.




A random camel at the base of the Great Wall. I got yelled at for taking this picture. oops.

It was really steep! Notice the scary stone bird.

Josh inside a tower pretending to be a ninja.

View from one of the towers.



Me!

I think these locks were for people that had died. I would tell you for sure, but I couldn't read the Chinese signs that they have around them.







I know I look like I'm in a photo studio, but I'm actually on the Great Wall.

We went on the national holiday so it was a little crowded. Yes, I climbed these steep stairs while pushing my way through the crowd. It made for an interesting experience.





"If you have or brain disease, please ascend the great wall according to your capability." If I don't understand what this means, does that mean I have a brain disease? Can I still ascend the Great Wall?

Okay, I took this picture to show how steep it was but the picture doesn't do it justice! So, next time you're in China, climb the Great Wall and you'll know.

Me on the Great Wall/pretending to take a picture so I can catch my breath.

The entrance to the Great Wall.

Angela climbing behind me. Some of these stairs were as tall as our hips.

Me.



This little kid had his hair cut into a smiley face on the back of his head. haha! I wish I could have taken the picture faster to show you.


No comments:

Post a Comment