Thursday, November 3, 2011

Jade Factory-Beijing

As part of our tour, we went to the jade factory. It was really cool! We saw people carving the jade into these awesome figures. For those of you that don't know much about jade, you're not alone. I didn't know much about it before I went here. It is a certain kind of stone that is considered the imperial gem of China. Buying jade for someone would be like buying diamonds in the United States.


This is a family ball. It has a ball inside of a ball inside of a ball inside of a ball. You can reach in and touch the inner balls. It's so cool because it was all carved out of one stone! The different layers of balls represent the generations of the family. It has a dragon and a phoenix on it and it symbolizes everlasting love.



This is a cool dragon carved out of jade.

Natalie loved the Buddha jade statue. If you rub his belly, you'll have good luck!


More cool jade statues.

A sign that I found. OK! I'll put my trash in the basket!

A note on the bathroom stall. Hello, my friend. haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment